|Ilan Nachum was born in Jerusalem, Israel. He studied film and cinematography at Beit Zvi School of Performing Arts. For many years he was a director of photography in the Israeli film industry. Since 2002 he has been teaching cinematography at the Ma’ale School of Film in Jerusalem and Minshar School of the Arts in Tel Aviv, there he created the cinematography program.
In 2008 he went back to professional, commercial and art photography. He became a leading photographer for “Al Hashulchan”, the Israeli Gastronomic Monthly, and for the local issue of “Domus” design and architecture magazine.
Professional Experience as Director of Photography (1992-current) – National & international Film Production (TV Commercials, drama & documentaries) – Discovery Channel: “Elite choppers – Birds of Pray” – National Geographic “rescue pilots”- Arte’ “Political murders”- History Channel “The apostles of Christ”- P.B.S: “Against all Odds”.
1988- Among the founders of the Israeli Cinematographer’s Union, and member of board till 1999.
1997-2001: Television consultant for Miss Jessye Norman.
Working as a still photographer since 2009.
- 2019- “Sketches Of Israel” (solo)- Weimar University, Germany
- 2018- “One hour at the beach” (solo)- Bialik Rogozin school, Israel
- 2017- “Sketches Of Israel” (solo)- Saxonian Museum of Contemporary Art, Chemniz
- 2016- “Sketches Of Israel” (solo)- Nord Gallery, Berlin
- 2015- “privatised” (solo) 97 Gallery, Tel Aviv
- 2011- Teachers exhibition in “Minshar” gallery, group
- 2009- 100 Years anniversary for Tel Aviv (group)- Rothchilde Boulevard
- 2009- ” Shoreline” (group) Horace Richter Gallery, Tel Aviv
- 2008- “Twilight In Florentine” (Solo) – Gravity, Tel Aviv
- 2008- “my Room” (solo) – Horace Richter Gallery, Tel Aviv
- Queer In Israel – Hentrich&Hentrich, Berlin, (photographer) 2018
- WINELAND – Photography Book, The Israeli wine industry and landscapes (photographer, writer and publisher) 2018
- TEL AVIV – Photography book (photographer, writer and publisher) 2014
- Modi’in: The City”- Architecture and environment (photography) 2014
- Holiday Meals- Culinary book (photography) 2012
- Young Architects- Architecture and interior design (photography) 2011
- Parties- Food, Wine, Friends- Culinary book (photography)2010
- Celebrations and More – Children’s book- (photography) 2010